seed extraction help!

Laura Hyatt lhyatt at mail.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 27 09:37:35 EST 1993

Help!  I'm trying to extract seeds for a predation experiment from some
on-site collected fruits (Phytolacca americana, Rubus allegheniensis).
Extraction is difficult, esp. to separate the skin of the fruit and the
pulp from the individual seeds.  Has anyone out there spent time pulling
seeds out of fruits by a more sophisticated method than mashing the seeds
and sitting down with tweezers while listening to NPR?  Weak acid has been
suggested, but I'm worried about the effect this will have on the
palatability of seeds.

Seeking a voice of experience,

Laura Hyatt
lhyatt at mail.sas.upenn.edu.

I suppose answers could be posted on the list, OR directly to me.  I don't
care.