HELP: Common plant protease ???

Zhongguo Xiong, Ph.D xiong at biosci.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 2 03:55:48 EST 1993

Dear netters:

I am looking for some informations on the common proteases in plant cytoplasm.
The project I am working on involves expressing small peptides in transgenic
plants. Ideally, I would like to use concatmers of the peptides joined by
spacers of a protease cleavage site, which can be recognized by a common
and abundant protease existing in the cytoplasm. The multiple copies of the
peptide would then be released from a single polypeptide by the protease. I
realize there are many protease in the vacuoles, but am not familiar with any
in the cytoplasm. Are trypsin and chymotrypsin good candidates? I will welcome
any comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Zhongguo Xiong
zxiong at arizvm1.ccit.arizona.edu