Plant cuttings.

Michael H. Bridges mbridges at tytownms.win.net
Sun Dec 5 11:25:25 EST 1993

In article <93339.010207TLC112 at psuvm.psu.edu>, The One and Only (TLC112 at psuvm.psu.edu) writes:
>Ok, simple stuff.  I realize that I'm way out of league here, but....
>Where, in relation to the node should one cut a house plant in order to root
>it?

In my experience, it doesn't matter, though cutting slightly below a
node, and making sure the node is at or below the soil surface when
the cutting is stuck, is the recommended method.

>Also, has anyone had any experience with "crystal soil" jello looking potting
>mix?  Is it worth a try?

Not as a pure potting mix, but as an additive to a commercial mix,
possibly. The stuff is really too expensive to justify its use for
me (commercially), but you may find it useful on valuable plants
that you sometimes neglect to water properly.

Michael Bridges
mbridges at tytownms.win.net

Southern Perennials & Herbs
Tylertown, Mississippi