HOORAY for Surgeon General Elders!!

Daniel B Case v140pxgt at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Thu Dec 9 18:43:00 EST 1993

In article <2e7vsm$9dr at news.utdallas.edu>, greer at utdallas.edu (Dale M. Greer) writes...
>As for actually reading it, no I doubt that anyone reads much of it, but
>I do know that, in general, politicians' assistants will read enough to
>discern which side of the fence the citizen is on, as long as it isn't too
>hard to figure it out.

Having once read political snail mail, I can assure that although you won't
get a personalized reply, it will be read and its position noted.
The general assumption is that for every three or so people who write in, there
are about a hundred people who vote and share the same opinion. So mail does get
factored in.

>So if you do send something, make it short and to
>the point, with your position stated in CAPS, like so
>
>I SUPPORT Surgeon General Joycelyn Elder's suggestion to study the
>legalization of drugs.
>
>I SUPPORT the legalization of marijuana.
>
>or, as the case may be,
>
>I DO NOT SUPPORT Surgeon General...
>
>You get the picture.  And, if you like, put "I WILL NOT VOTE FOR YOU if..."
>after you've stated your main viewpoint.  But don't put more than a few
>sentences unless you just feel like getting it out of your system.

Should we end it with "Un-ALTERED REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this
IMPORTANT INFORMATION is PERMITTED and ENCOURAGED"?
:-)