HOORAY for Surgeon General Elders!!

Leif Verner Baarstad leifvb at idt.unit.no
Fri Dec 10 07:32:31 EST 1993

In article <CHsIEw.4KF at news.iastate.edu>, boots at iastate.edu (Ozob Dent) writes:
|> In article <2e88ds$stp at corax.udac.uu.se> m92mmy at tdb.uu.se (Mattias Myrberg) writes:
|> >Richard Fiest (mizer at expert.cc.purdue.edu) wrote:

cut cut cut ...
OK, ignorants, here come some gun facts:

|> >: She was refering to the fact that some type of bullets are made for the purpose
|> >: of INFLICTING MAXIMUM DAMAGE ON A TARGET.  the kind that mushroom out with the
|> >: little claw like fragments that rip the shit out of people (called black taltons
|> >  or something similar).

A good bullet should transfer all it's energy into the target, at least if your
target is alive and you are trying to stop it. The nice bullets you mention are
called Black Talon (tm), and Winchester don't sell them to civilians anymore, due
to bad press (and maybe the fact that surgeons cut themselves trying to remove them
from more or less dead bodies).The police, however, may still buy them.

This cute, little bullet does, in addition to mushroom, fold out 6 or 8 sharp
talons at the edge of the mushroom in order to make a really bad wound channel.

|> Exactly, the first guy:  who really has any use for bullets like that, besides
|> maybe the goddamn military and for that matter what do they need them for?
|> All this country has left is a goddamn military... we can't build a decent car
|> anymore but we can sure kick some itty bitty country's ass... that's why we go
|> around solving the rest of the world's petty stupid shit political problems
|> for them when they have nothing to do with us.

Sna, sna.
The military ain't allowed to use soft or hollow point bullets, only full metal
jacket bullets. This because of some silly convention (Geneve?) signed lots of
years ago. But the US police are allowed to use hollow points, and shoot lots
of people with them. I'm glad it is your country!

|> >:   YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT IS SAID AND THINK ABOUT IT BEFOR YOU SAY
|> >: ANYTHING.  DUMBASSES LIKE YOURSELF AND RUSH MAKE ME SICK.  WHY DONT YOU TRY AND
|> >: LISTEN TO WHAT IS BEING SAID FIRST BEFOR YOU GO AND SHOUT ABOUT SOMETHIN YOU
|> >: PROBABLY HEARD ON THE RUSH L. SHOW LAST NIGHT.
|> >
|> >I CAN HEAR YOU REAL FINE FROM OVER HERE, BRING SOME BEER!
|> >
|> >: p.s. befor you flame think about it.
Who cares, idiot!

--
Leif Verner Baarstad