Problems on bionet.plants - suggestions for temp. moderation

Matthew Weed mattweed at edith.Princeton.EDU
Mon Dec 13 13:55:46 EST 1993

In article <MARDER.90.000C6DAF at> MARDER at (Jonathan B. Marder) writes:
>In article <2eebvf$h84 at> hi23ahg at (phil mueller) writes:
>>Subject: Problems on bionet.plants
>>From: hi23ahg at (phil mueller)
>>Date: 12 Dec 1993 05:59:11 GMT
>>We really have a mess on the list. The sad thing is that I don't
>>believe any of the people posting this stuff even looks at bionet.
>>plants. We are just listed in the forwards. I also have no idea
>>how to solve the problem.
>Suggestion (for Dave K.) - Could we allow "temporary moderation" for the
>newsgroups so that this sort of thing can be blocked (i.e. being
>crossposted about some irrelevent and non-ending argument)?  I feel very sorry
>for the email subscribers to this group.
>Even better would be if a thread could be blocked automatically.
I would also like to see (if possible), all bionet.relevant
information crossposted in one posting, so that
those of us who use "rn", will only see an article
once rather than multiple times when reading
various newsgroups.
I must admit to some ignorance as to whether this is possible,
considering the mail software,
but if possible, I think it might be a good thing.
>Jonathan B. Marder                 '
>Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL

"It may not be true, as Lincoln Supposed, that you can't fool all of the
people all of the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large
country."  Will and Ariel Durant: _The Lessons of History_ 1969.
mattweed at 	MPA candidate Wilson school/95(609)-497-1974