wetland plants

j00030 at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU j00030 at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU
Wed Dec 15 14:02:19 EST 1993

 	I am a graduate student doing research on the germination of aquatic wetland plants.  A local company (Prairie Restoration) has supplied me with seeds of three different species of which they have had some success in germination to one with very little success.
1) Sagittaria latifolia (successful germination)
2) Iris verxicolor (spelling?) (some success)
3) Spiranthes cemua (very little success)
	I will attempt to determine why Spiranthes germination is so much harder than the other two.   Does anyone have any experience/success with the germination of these plants?  I would appreciate hearing from you.
	Thank you in advance!
	KR Ziarkowski