looking for FLURIDONE

fahole at cc.usu.edu fahole at cc.usu.edu
Wed Dec 15 12:21:23 EST 1993

In article <1993Dec9.131539.7087 at inra.fr>, label at jouy.jouy.inra.fr (Philippe Label) writes:

> Hello Bionetters,
>
> I am looking for fluridone which is a specific inhibitor of carotenoid
> biosynthesis. By the way, it is also an inhibitor of abscisic acid biosynthesis.
>
> I'll very glad if anyone could give me a pointer to any kind of source for this
> chemical compound.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Philippe LABEL (label at orleans.inra.fr)

As far as I know, the only source for technical grade fluridone is
Ely Lilly and Company.  They have provided limited amounts of the chemical
free of charge to me in the past.  I would suggest that you contact your
local ELANCO customer sevice rep and if necessary write a letter explaining
your research interests.  I also acknowledge Ely Lilly and Co. in my
manuscripts and send them a copy of them to show them the use their
product is put and thank them for providing it.
On a non-technical scale, fluridone is the active ingredient in Sonar,
an aquatic herbicide that ELANCO sells commercially.
Hope this helps.

--
David Hole                  DHOLE at MENDEL.USU.EDU
Utah State University       FAHOLE at CC.USU.EDU