looking for FLURIDONE

fahole at cc.usu.edu fahole at cc.usu.edu
Wed Dec 15 12:21:23 EST 1993

In article <1993Dec9.131539.7087 at inra.fr>, label at jouy.jouy.inra.fr (Philippe Label) writes:
> Hello Bionetters,
> I am looking for fluridone which is a specific inhibitor of carotenoid
> biosynthesis. By the way, it is also an inhibitor of abscisic acid biosynthesis.
> I'll very glad if anyone could give me a pointer to any kind of source for this
> chemical compound.
> Thanks for your help.
> Philippe LABEL (label at orleans.inra.fr)

As far as I know, the only source for technical grade fluridone is
Ely Lilly and Company.  They have provided limited amounts of the chemical
free of charge to me in the past.  I would suggest that you contact your
local ELANCO customer sevice rep and if necessary write a letter explaining
your research interests.  I also acknowledge Ely Lilly and Co. in my
manuscripts and send them a copy of them to show them the use their
product is put and thank them for providing it.
On a non-technical scale, fluridone is the active ingredient in Sonar,
an aquatic herbicide that ELANCO sells commercially.
Hope this helps.

David Hole                  DHOLE at MENDEL.USU.EDU
Utah State University       FAHOLE at CC.USU.EDU
Logan, UT                   Just say snow!