Searching DNA isolation methods from plant tissue culture

Leonard N. Bloksberg bloksber at
Tue Dec 28 11:26:00 EST 1993

In Article <1993Dec21.103058.16591 at> "maren at (Maren Jacob [Biologie])" says:
> I'm working with transformed Phaseolus vulgaris callus cultures
> and I want to start with molecular DNA analysis (southern/dot
> blot).I can't obtain enough DNA (not more than 1.5 ug/5 g fresh
> weight) from a limited amount of callus material with conventional
> DNA isolation methods (Dellaporta>Maize mini prep and
> Rogers/Bendich >CTAB method).
> I`m searching for a genomic DNA isolation method from calli.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Maren Jacob
> maren at
I have one that 10ug/gfw, or enough DNA for a single copy southern from
100mg fw.  Ive tested it in a dozen or more spp.  Drop me an email and I'll
post it to you.  I can't paste a document into this newsreader.  Good luck.
.			Leonard N. Bloksberg
.			bloksber at