LOOKING FOR A POSTDOC IN N-fixation/METAL TOXICITY

dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Tue Dec 28 15:37:37 EST 1993

 	LOOKING FOR A POSTDOC POSITION IN METAL TOXICITY IN PLANTS OR
	IN NITROGEN FIXATION BY LEGUMES

Greetings:

 May I take this opportunity to introduce myself as S.Denduluri of Dept. of
Biology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St.John's, Canada. As I am
finishing very very soon my second Ph.D , I am looking for a Postdoc
position either in "Heavy metal Toxicity in Plants" (My first Ph.D) or in
Nitrogen fixation by legumes (Second Ph.D).

 My academic background and seven
years of experience include a M.Sc in "Cytogenetics" a M.Phil in
"microbiology" and a Ph.D in "Physiology and Biochemistry". During that period
I was exposed to various physiological and biochemical techniques. Basically,
I was involved in the estimation  of certain enzymes and proteins besides study
ing various physiological aspects of plants exposed to metal stress.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D in "Cell Biology" at Memorial
University, St.John's, Canada on "Differentiation of nitrogen-fixing
nodules of Sesbania (legume weed plant) with special reference to oleosomes
(lipid bodies)".  All the course and research
requrements towards this degree have been completed. Areas like
Biochemistry (enzyme assay), Cytology and Histochemistry are involved in
this work. I was also exposed to handle HPLC and Gas chromatography.
Currently some papers are in progress to submit to International Journals.

e-mail    dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca

Address for correspondence:
S.Denduluri
Department of Biology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St.John's, NF, A1B 3X9
Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Srinivas Denduluri

			PUBLICATION LIST

PAPERS TO METAL TOXICITY:

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3) March 1994 (in press)

Srinivas, D (1993) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

PAPERS RELATED TO NITROGEN FIXATION:

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Cell Biology International". (in press)

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci. Lett.).

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST:

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30