Plant Bio Seq

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Mon Feb 1 07:49:40 EST 1993

avigolan at bgumail.bgu.ac.il writes:

>Dear Sir/Madam,
>I am interested in amino acid sequences of plant proteins for comparison
>with a partial sequence of a protein I have purified and partially
>sequenced from a developing bud of Pistacia vera.  My thanks in advance.
>Avi Golan.

Dear Avi,

If you want to compare your sequence to the database, the best thing is
to use the BLAST server at NCBI.

To get started, and to find out how to format your query, send a "help"
message (nothing in the subject field) to :

       blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

This will return to you (in a few minutes) a document on how to use this
mail server.

regards,

francis