Ayurveda medicinal plants

Dr. Ch. Wawrosch/Prof.Dr. B. Kopp A8471DAB at vm.univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 2 09:39:44 EST 1993

Hi
here at the Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, we have a
project going on dealing with traditional medicinal plants used in the
Indian Ayurveda medicine.
Our main problem is that it's very difficult to get original plant
material (drugs as well as voucher specimens) for systematical
examination (microscopy, chemistry etc.): the people who sell the drugs
in India mostly do not cooperate, means they do not reveal where they
get their drugs from.
Does ANYONE know adresses of botanical gardens (e.g. in Delhi), breeders,
cultivators etc. etc.??? Or does anyone know other people who could help
us? Any telephone number, adress, fax nr. etc. could help us.
We would be very pleased if anyone could help us.
Sincerely,

Chris
(a8471dab at awiuni11.edvz.univie.ac.at)