cereal nitrogen fixation

Euan R. Taylor etaylor at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 2 17:47:23 EST 1993

A second question, relating to a naive (very) ex[eriment we did some time ago.
If you plant surface sterilised seeds in autoclaved soil, growth is about
1 1/2 weeks behind that of regular seeds in regular soil. What do you
think I could be driving off in the soil tthat might cause this (NH4,
oxygen, ?) we didn't do the other combinations at the time, as I say it
was a very naive experiment that we set up last thing before christmas,
jsut out of interest.

etaylor at ccu.umanitoba.ca
dept. Plant Science, U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, R3L OH3
"my institution doesnt even know I exist"