is this group ill?

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri Feb 5 15:00:42 EST 1993

georgen at gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca (G. Ng) writes:

>In article <1993Feb5.001322.18079 at cbfsb.cb.att.com> djd at cbnewsg.cb.att.com (david.j.daulton) writes:
>>Newsgroup ill?  No, but I think some of us are a bit intimidated.
>>Most of my garden questions go to "rec.gardens" (and I see Kay
>>I suspect there are many out there who read rec.gardens and
>>this group too, and hold back a bit here.  True?

>Although I'm not entirely certain of the original charter of bionet.plants,
>wasn't it created for discussion on more botany, research-oriented
>questions rather than horticultural issues, which I think rec.gardens is for?
>--
>george ng
>univ. of toronto undergraduate
>molecular plant biology/botany

The entire bionet domain is dedicated to biological research.  Here is
an excerpt from the original charter by Tony Travis, the discussion
leader.

This newsgroup will initially be open to all aspects of plant biology
(macro and molecular), and if future usage warrants, proposals will be
put forward to form subgroups under the USENET bionet.plant heirarchy,
e.g., bionet.plant.botany.  The discussion leader's interests are in
botany so some of the topics for the group will include the following:

Discussion of issues relating to botany in general, and distribution
of software concerned with the applications of computer techniques in
all aspects of plant biology including, microscopy and analysis of
plant material, image analysis of tissues and intact plants, data
logging and analysis of plant growth by computer.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net