Gibberelin inhibitors

Bill Purves purves at
Thu Feb 11 16:00:23 EST 1993

In article <11FEB199310005261 at> jlw2582 at (WHITSON, JOHN LEE) writes:
>Does anyone know of an internode-length reducer that i can get my hands
>on?  i've been told that Gibberelic acid inhibitors work quite nicely,
>but everyone (outside of the Hort dept at Texas A&M) that i've asked has
>met my question with a blank stare.
>John Whitson
>jlw2582 at

Your source was referring to inhibitors of gibberellin synthesis.
Compounds with names like AMO-1618, B-9, CCC, etc.  These will
"dwarf" many kinds of dicots, such as chrysanthemums.  They
result in reduced intermode length but normal size flowers.

William K. Purves
Department of Biology
Harvey Mudd College
Claremont, CA 91711