Plant riparian population genetics

John Reed johnreed at carson.u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 6 13:21:04 EST 1993

Newsgroups: sci.bio,bionet.plants,bionet.population-bio
Subject: Plant riparian population genetics
Hi,
	I am doing research on the population genetics of black cottonwood
(Populus trichocarpa) in some river valleys in the Cascade Mountains.  I
have searched for references on population genetics of plants (trees are
preferable) in a linear spatial system (a river or stream), but have had
virtually no luck in finding any.  It seems to me that the genetics of
such a system may be different than a typical 2-d system.  I would
appreciate any leads on references or studies you may know of concerning
population genetics of plants in a riparian setting.
Thanks
John Reed
(E-mail: johnreed at u.washington.edu)