Transgenic plant projects

T.H.L. Murcott mbthm at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 05:22:24 EST 1993

Hi,

I am interested in the uses of transgenic technology
to produce new/useful/wierd/interesting plants.  I know about some projects
such as the tobacco plants that express luciferase and Bacillus thuringiensis
toxins used as intrinsic insecticides.  However I am on the look out for other,
perhaps less well known, examples.  Anything strange/quirky would be greatly
appreciated.

Any references or pointers or just "well I thought I saw something about..."
is what I am after.  Post to bionet.plants or e-mail me and I will post a
summary when appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Toby

Murcott at bsa.bristol.ac.uk
Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

.sig in press.