Taxonomists charging into oblivion

Tony Travis ajt at
Sat Jan 30 22:09:01 EST 1993

In article <93130011352.MIN-LLBAa15394.bionet-news at> you wrote:
: Thank you C.J. O'Kelly for putting up a post that demands
: a response and hence, will keep this group active.
: [...]

Yes, things have been a little quiet on bionet.plants recently ...

I've been busy upgrading the operating system on the workstations we
use for image analysis, and completing a couple of papers before
embarking on the next part of the project.  I'd be interested to hear
from anyone who knows about lignin histology (other than acid
phlorogucinol) and, in particular, any information about 'iodine green'
which I believe is used to stain for lignin (but I admit I've never
used it).

Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at>
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  other: <ajt at>
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |  phone: 0224-712751