Any hints on artificial lighting for Venus-fly-traps

Tom Savard tasavard at
Wed Jun 30 23:33:35 EST 1993

I've recently moved and I'm having trouble keeping my Venus-fly-traps
growing.  They seem to require a lot of direct sunlight, but unfortunately
the best window in my townhouse provides only a few hours worth of direct

If I place the plants outside, they cook in the 85+ degree heat.  Is
there a low cost artificial lighting solution to this problem? Any other

Please reply via email.  Thanks in advance!

	Tom Savard/Physics	(919)-660-2515
	P.O. Box 90305
	Duke University
	Durham, N.C.      27708-0305