is there an orchid newsgroup?

Donald Burden drosera at hal.gnu.ai.mit.edu
Sun Mar 14 22:46:05 EST 1993

In article <lpq91lINN2ts at exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> joanie at tigerrr.Eng.Sun.COM writes:
>A while ago someone mentioned that there was a newsgroup specifically for orchids,
>but I cannot find it. Does anyone know of it, or any other newsgroups with interests
For the "orchids" group;
Send e-mail to "mailserv at scuacc.scu.edu".
Sending "help" as the body of your e-mail message gets you a list of
	various commands you can send to the mailserve.
Sending "index" gets you a list of files you may request.
Sending "sub <your name>" subscribes you to the orchid mailserve (all
	messages sent to the orchid mailserve then appears in your mailbox).
You may send any combination of these commands in a single message.

These is also a carnivorous-plant e-mail group:
E-mail address is "listserv at opus.hpl.hp.com"
Sending "index cp" gets you a list of files you may request.
Sending "sub cp <your name>" subscribes you to the group.
Send "help" and you will get in return a list of valid listserve commands.