The Use of Plants to Treat Wastewater

Vance Bell vbell at mail.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:02:59 EST 1993

I am greatly interested in the possiblity of using plants, and/or entire
ecosystems to treat wastewaste.  I understand that work on this has been
attempted in Northern California; Sugarbush, Vermont; Louisiana; Cape May,
Massachussetts, and possibly other places.

I would greatly appreciate any references on this type of research.

The main source I presently have is an article on the New Alchemy
Institute, in Massachussetts, and a man named Jodd Todd who has apparently
founded a company to promote the "technology."

Citations of reference books on plant abilities to sequester metals, or
treat water would also be helpful.

Thank You.

Vance Bell: vbell at mail.sas.upenn.edu