Asimina triloba

DR. RAY R. HINCHMAN be517 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Sat Mar 20 05:42:15 EST 1993

In a recent post from Dave Daulton (djd at cbnewsg.cb.att.com)
it was stated (along with lots of other interesting information):

> BTW.  There are about a dozen species of Asimina, all
> found in the U.S., most found in Florida, with some others
> extending a little more north.

Actually, the tall pawpaw (A. triloba) extends quite a bit
further north - into southern Ontario. I think it may even
be the state tree of Michigan.

| Ray R. Hinchman                               |
| Energy Systems Division - Bldg. 372           |
| Argonne National Laboratory                   |
| Argonne, IL   60439-4816                      |
| Voice: (708) 252-3391  FAX: (708) 252-6407    |
| Internet: Ray_Hinchman at QMGATE.ANL.GOV         |