reforestation figures

David R. Smith al401 at yfn.ysu.edu
Tue May 4 20:11:45 EST 1993

I am looking for current reforestation figures on timber
industry data.  For USFS I have anywhere from 2 to 5 million
acres in arrears with regard to tree planting in logged
areas, with a rate in 1989 of 500,000 acres plants versus
4 million logged.
Also interested in Canadian figures for three provinces with
largest timber industry, BC, Ont, Quebec.  For example I
have 1990 in BC 580,000 acres logged, 250,000 replanted, etc.
I am especially interested in comparing acres harvested
with acres reforested for US, Canada, and European countries
with large timber production (Scandinavia, etc.).
thanks
David