HID lamp recommendations, please!

Bill Williams bwilliam at oyster.smcm.edu
Wed May 12 14:18:34 EST 1993

We're doing gas-exchange work here, and we're looking for a good light
source without too much far red in it (we've been using a
quartz-halogen outdoor-light fixture and it turns out to be way too FR
rich).  We're thinking of going to a mixed-metal halide HID lamp, but
we don't have the appropriate catalogs or contacts.  The only company
we've been able to contact so far is Sylvania, whose HID lighting
division has just been purchased by Osram and who are therefore VERY
slow to deliver (6-week minimum -- by then the summer is nearly over
and we're back thinking about teaching instead of research :-( ).

So:  can anyone supply me with manufacturer(s) [other than Sylvania]
and part number(s) for both mixed-metal lamps and fixtures to hold
them?  I'd really appreciate it.

or to this newsgroup.
William E. Williams, bwilliam at oyster.smcm.edu
Divison of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
St. Mary's College of Maryland
St. Mary's City, MD 20686