using network conferences

Tom Michaels TMICHAEL at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Thu May 27 10:01:37 EST 1993

Have any of you used network conferences such as this one in
undergraduate courses?

I am looking for ideas on how to expose my undergraduate plant
science students to the Internet and to the exchanges contained
in conferences such as this.  I have successfully use on-campus
conferences in my classes in the past, and once conducted a
conference between classes at different Universities, but I have
never had them access the broader community represented here.

If any of you have experiences in this area I would appreciate your
comments.
T. E. (Tom) Michaels
Department of Crop Science
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario  N1G 2W1
Canada
Voice: 519-824-4120 ext. 3392
Fax:   519-763-8933
EMAIL: TMICHAEL at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA or MICHAELS at COSY.UOGUELPH.CA