planting acorns

ShawAM at imb.lan.nrc.ca ShawAM at imb.lan.nrc.ca
Fri May 28 07:06:00 EST 1993

    Can anyone tell me the best way to make an acorn germinate?.  I have a
friend who has made many unsuccessful attempts at growing an oak tree.
He has tried growing acorns in small pots indoors as well as in his backyard,
but none have germinated, even in the rich soil of Prince Edward Island.  He
has been successful with several other types of trees, but his acorns remain
a great source of frustration.  If anyone has any suggestions, they would be
appreciated.
                        Thanks!