planting acorns

rpgrant at rpgrant at
Fri May 28 09:38:17 EST 1993

In article <2C0603ED at>, ShawAM at writes:
>     Can anyone tell me the best way to make an acorn germinate?.
{Sad story deleted}

Try this....

Freeze (that's right, cold;) the acorns in soil overnight and then bring to
room temperature and try to grow normally.  I remember reading when I was a
wee poor choild that acorns need to be fooled into thinking they have had a
winter before they will germinate.
Have fun!
Richard P. Grant    <><                rpgrant at
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology   Fax. +44 865 275556
University of Oxford, UK.              Tel. +44 865 275565

"It's easy when you know how"