Establishing herbarium database

BORIS TURK / BF, ODD ZA BIOLOGIJO boris.turk at si.uni-lj
Tue Nov 2 16:20:21 EST 1993

I'm botanist at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. At our department
of Biology, we decided to develop a computer system for maintaining the
herbarium data. Our collection is not very big (about 150.000 specimens),
but still big enough, to consume a lot of time on the input process. So,
before we start to build the system, we would like to hear some advice
from the experienced botanists using computerized herbarium data managing.

If somebody is working with such database, or know somebody who does,
please let me know. The post address of some herbaria would also be of
big support.

Thank you very much!
			Boris Turk

| Boris Turk                    | E-mail: boris.turk at uni-lj.si  |
| Dept. of Biology              | Tel   : (+386 61)150-001      |
| University of Ljubljana       | FAX   : (+386 61)158-310      |
| Askerceva 2, Ljubljana        |                               |
| SLOVENIA                      |                               |