inducing polyploids by colchicine

naoki takebayashi ntakebay at silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Fri Nov 5 18:25:52 EST 1993

I wish to induce polyploidy in some plants so that I can study their
properties.  I am planning to use colchicine to induce polyploidy.  Does
anyone know of any better ways of incucing polyploidy?  Can anyone
give me helpful hints on using colchicine?
If you have used colchicine or any other technique to induce polyploidy
in plants, please contact me (or if you know someone that has induced
polyploidy in plants, please send me her/his e-mail address so that I
can contact him/her).

Naoki Takebayashi
ntakebay at indiana.edu