mycology specimens in herbarium

Thu Nov 4 11:22:25 EST 1993

In article <1993Nov1.103657.6302 at msus1.msus.edu>, q00001 at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU writes:
>Sorry to trouble you with this but we are having a bit of a spat
>about putting mycology herbarium sheets in cabinets in the herbarium
>with vascular plant herbarium specimens.
>Is there a problem with fungi in with the vascular plants or not?
>David

As long as everything is properly dried, there shouldn't be a problem.  Many
fungi are stored along with their plant hosts on herbarium sheets, without a
hitch (I'm currently working with specimens gathered in the late 1800s and the
associated plant material looks just fine).  Sounds like a turf war to me.

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Visiting Fellow
  Forestry Canada                   Phone: (604) 363-0600