Top 10 objectives of plant biology?

Roy Navarre navarrer at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:36:21 EST 1993

mjgh at mbfs.bio.cam.ac.uk (Martin Hughes (Bioc)) writes:
regarding what are the top objectives in plant biology:
>Errrm...
>Whatever research I am currently engaged upon, I think :-)

*laugh*  Funny, I feel the same way about my research.

>Seriously though -  I would put the mechanism of floral induction
>right up there.
>Martin

Care to list a few reasons why this might be true?  Not that I am disagreeing
with you, just that I am curious as to why you think this is so. Will solving
this just be something scientists appreciate or will the result demonstrably
make the world a better place?  I started this thread because the benefits
of plant research can _sometimes_ be more intangible than say working on
diabetes etc.

Roy