WANTS POSTDOC IN METAL TOXICITY/NITROGEN FIXATION

dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Fri Nov 12 13:18:33 EST 1993

Greetings:

	LOOKING FOR POSTDOC POSITION IN METAL TOXICITY OR IN NITROGEN
	FIXATION

 My academic background and seven
years of experience include a M.Sc in "Cytogenetics and Plant Breeding of
Crops" a M.Phil and a Ph.D in "Metal Toxicity on Plants". The
research work for the M.Phil was on "Toxicity of lead and its interaction
with chelating agents in soil-plant systems" and for first doctorate degree
was on "Effects of lead, manganese and chelating agents on some vegetable
crops". During that period I was exposed to various physiological and
biochemical techniques. Basically, I was involved in the estimation
of certain enzymes and proteins besides studying various
physiological aspects of plants exposed to metal stress and
accumulation of metal ions in various plant parts in the presence and
absence of chenating agents. The aim was to de-toxicify the effect of
metals by appling chelating agents.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D in "Cell Biology" at Memorial
University, St.John's, Canada on "Differentiation of nitrogen-fixing
nodules of Sesbania (legume weed plant) with special reference to oleosomes
(lipid bodies)".  All the course and research
requrements towards this degree have been completed. Areas like
Biochemistry (enzyme assay), Cytology and Histochemistry are involved in
this work. I was also exposed to handle HPLC and Gas chromatography.
Currently some papers are in progress to submit to International Journals.

e-mail    dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and awiting to receive
your e-mail reply.

Srinivas Denduluri

			PUBLICATION LIST

PAPERS TO METAL TOXICITY:

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3) March 1994 (in press)

Srinivas, D (1993) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

PAPERS RELATED TO NITROGEN FIXATION:

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Cell Biology International". (in press)

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci. Lett.).

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST:

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30