Leaf growth in grasses

C.K. Black CBlack at massey.ac.nz
Tue Nov 23 16:03:19 EST 1993

G'Day All,
   Could someone point me towards a reference on the mechanism used by
grasses to regulate leaf growth?  Specifically,  the youngest emerging
leaf seems to cease cell division once the lamina tip is free of the
pseudostem.  The trigger may be the leaf exposure to a different Red -
Far red ratio.  Many years ago I was taught that it was a light regulated
response, which sounds logical,  but  I can't find a definative work
on the subject.   Thanks in advance,  Cheers........

Conrad Black                            Email: C.K.Black at massey.ac.nz
Plant Science Dept.,  Massey Uni.,      Fax:   +64 (06) 350-5614
Palmerston North,   New Zealand         Phone: +64 (06) 356-9099 ext.7306