No Nitrogen Fertilizer

yams at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU yams at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Nov 23 09:02:34 EST 1993

Hello,

We're going to grow a crop of plants in calcined clay. I'm looking for an
easy way to supply them with a fertilizer that contains phosphorus,
potassium and trace elements, but no nitrogen. The only way I can think to
do this is to incorporate triple superphosphate (0-46-0) in the media
before planting and potassium chloride (0-0-62) also in the media or
applied in soution. Soluble trace elements can be applied as needed. Are
there any no nitrogen soluble fertilizers that I could use instead? Any
other ideas? Thanks.

Sue Yamins
The University of Chicago
Greenhouse