LOOKING FOR POSTDOC

dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Thu Oct 7 16:44:58 EST 1993

			LOOKING FOR POSTDOC POSITION

Greetings:

I am looking for a Postdoctoral Position . My academic background and seven
years of experience include a M.Sc in "Cytogenetics and Plant Breeding of
Crops" a M.Phil and a Ph.D in "Plant Physiology and Biochemistry". The
research work for the M.Phil was on "Toxicity of lead and its interaction
with chelating agents in soil-plant systems" and for first doctorate degree
was on "Effects of lead, manganese and chelating agents on some vegetable
crops". During that period I was exposed to various physiological and
biochemical techniques. Basically, I was involved in the estimation and
purification of certain enzymes and proteins besides studying various
physiological aspects of plants exposed to metal and water stresses and
accumulation of metal ions in various plant parts.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D in "Cell Biology" at Memorial
University, St.John's, Canada on "Role of lipid bodies in nitrogen fixing
nodules of Sesbania, a legumious weed plant. All the course and research
requrements towards this degree have been completed. Areas like
Biochemistry (enzyme assay), Cytology and Histochemistry are involved in
this work. I was also exposed to handle HPLC and Gas chromatography.
Currently some papers are in progress to submit to International Journals. If
anyone is interested I have included a copy of my publication list and if
furhter information is required, I can be reached by phone (709)-737-4418 (
office) or 709-722-6660 (residence) or

e-mail    dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Srinivas Denduluri

			PUBLICATION LIST

PAPERS TO METAL TOXICITY:

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3) March 1994 (in press)

Srinivas, D (1993) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

PAPERS RELATED TO NITROGEN FIXATION:

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Cell Biology International". (in press)

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci. Lett.).

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST:

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30