red oak acorns needed

Victoria Sork c1997 at umslvma.umsl.edu
Sun Oct 17 14:42:56 EST 1993

red oak acorns needed

In an previous announcement, I put out a special request for acorns in
the species Quercus
rubra, commonly known as northern red oak.  Specifically, I would like
2-10 acorns from
2-10 trees from  a given location.  Hopefully, I will have samples
mailed to me from
various sites throughout the distribution of this species.  The
project is rather simple:
 I am interested in seed size variation within the species.  If you
have time to
 collect and mail me some acorns, please keep acorns separated by tree
and specify:
  your name and address (so I can thank you), the date and location of
collection.
  A leaf would be nice but not necessary.  Thank you to anyone who
decides to help.
   I will be happy to let you know the results.
--
Victoria Sork
Department of Biology