Velcro

Kathy Bilton kbilton at CAP.GWU.EDU
Tue Oct 19 15:33:15 EST 1993

Thanks for the tip.  I had understood that it was either Cocklebur - which
I take to mean Xanthium - or Burdock  (Arcticum  sp.?) - but the three
replies that have come in to me have all concurred that it's Cocklebur.
It's just that with common names being so often used to mean totally
different plants - I'm never quite sure what they are ACTUALLY referring to.

  *   Interesting Etymology:  *          P.O. Box 886
  *    "Book"  <<<  "Beech"   *           Shepherdstown, WV  25443