new plant hormone discussion group

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Wed Oct 27 01:48:51 EST 1993

q00001 at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU writes:

>Like Luiz I have been unable to subscribe to the new plant hormone discsussion
>group.  Sorry for the post to the net but the original post is gone.
>David

Note the NOTE below.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net

From: croker at afrc.ac.uk
Newsgroups: bionet.announce
Subject: NEW PLANT-HORMONES DISCUSSION LIST
Date: 19 Oct 93 09:23:00 GMT
Sender: kristoff at net.bio.net

[NOTE from the moderator - please note that for everyone outside of
the U.K. uk.ac.mailbase ahould be written as mailbase.ac.uk or your
mail will bounce. - DK]

A  plant-hormones discussion list has been set up on the Mailbase
server at Newcastle UK,  e-mail  mailbase at uk.ac.mailbase.
This list has been set up as a freely accessible electronic
communication forum for use by plant-hormone scientists.
The list is intended to promote communication between
professionals in the plant-hormone field.  Discussion topics
should include gibberellins,auxins, cytokinins,abscisic acid, etc.
All aspects of research may be discussed; synthesis extraction,
purification, analysis, enzymology, molecular biology,
hormone action etc. Requests for help on particular aspects may
also be posted to the list as well as requests for standards, spectra,
identification of spectra etc.
The list may also be used for announcement of meetings, calls for
papers and posters, visits of scientists to a particular area.

The owners of the group are Steve Croker   croker at uk.ac.afrc
and Paul Gaskin  gaskinp at uk.ac.afrc who are based at
Long Ashton Research Station in the hormone biochemistry group.
For more information you may contact them directly or by mailing to
plant-hormone-request at uk.ac.mailbase.

To subscribe to the list send the following command to
mailbase at uk.ac.mailbase

join plant-hormones firstname lastname

Replace firtstname lastname with your first and lastname.

All mailings to the plant-hormone list should be sent to
plant-hormones at uk.ac.mailbase