ELF-Help

Peter Leroy peter at homer.scgt.oz.au
Wed Oct 27 17:55:17 EST 1993

I hope that I am in the right newsgroup for this request for some
assistance :]

For some time we have been working on a "small" project with a working title
of ELF..(extrmely low frequency).

The assistance/ideas/thoughts, that I am looking for concerns eliminating
'noise' from computers while measuring at these frequencies..i.e 2.5hz to
10hz.

Our little subject "Rodney Rubber Tree" (Ficus spp.) is housed in a faraday
cage where his emf is being measured and at times given a new disease to see
how he reacts... probably ho hum to most of the readers.

The problem : measuring the amplitude at the freq's and recording the data
on computers. We are obviously generating 'noise' from the pc. So!.. how to
filter it out without being within the faraday cage (which effects the plant
reaction)...?

my current thoughts are that we need to look at remote sensing.. but!..How ?

any comments (constructive..:]) would be appreciated, as it is a project
that does not seem to have much existing data available to it.

Peter Leroy
GMS Special Projects