basil plant help

Fu-Lin Tsung fstsung at convx1.lerc.nasa.gov
Sat Sep 4 14:29:19 EST 1993

hi all,
 few months ago i planted my first batch of basil plants from seeds.
(this is the 1st time i planted any thing in my life)
the plants are all about 8 to 10 inches tall and looked healthy till about
a week ago, when the stems of several plants started to turn brown. anyone
knows what causes the stems (just above the soil) to turn brown (about
.5 inch long)?
 the pot is about 8" in diameter, the soil is just potting soil from
neighborhood K-Mart store. i water it about once every 3 days or so.
i use miricle grow crystals (mixed w/ water) about every other time I
water.
  thanks for your help.
flt

--
Fu-Lin Tsung                 | Due to budget constraints, this
ICOMP/Lewis Research Center  | signature file has been