Hoffman Modulation Contrast Microscopy

Tom Goliber tgoliber at alleg.edu
Fri Sep 3 08:48:47 EST 1993

Is anyone out there familiar with the Hoffman Modulation Contrast
microscopy system?  According to my Nikon sales rep, it is similar to
D.I.C. microscopy (a.k.a. Nomarsky) but much cheaper.  He's going to set
up a demo for me in the next week or so, but I'd like to find out as much
as possible about it before then.  (I want to use it to look at cleared
leaf tissue, hence the posting to bionet.plants.)

Any information would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Tom Goliber
Dept. of Biology
Allegheny College