PCR in plant genomic DNA

Leonard Bloksberg preissj at clvax1.msu.edu
Tue Sep 7 13:03:00 EST 1993

In Article <9309031921.AA25960 at net.bio.net> "CHAIVISU at UCONNVM.bitnet (Parin)" says:

>          Does anyone has a protocol for PCR in plant genomic DNA ? We have some
> problems. Our PCR control worked but the PCR in plant genomic DNA didn't work.
>                                                  Thank you
>                                                   Parin

I had some problems getting this started too.  It seems the problem was too
much template (genomic tomato DNA).  Try adjusting template concentration.
A friend had some problems with introns and larger than anticipated products.
To overcome this, use longer elongation times.  About 1 minute/kbp is a
general rule.
		Dr. Leonard N. Bloksberg
		PreissJ at clvax1.cl.msu.edu