Stone pines

Susan Headley sueh at euc.tas.for.csiro.au
Wed Sep 15 20:24:12 EST 1993

hi,
I would appreciate any info on the susceptability of Stone pines to frost,
their nutritional requirements,time to and likely yields etc.I have had a go
at growing them but with little success after transplanting to field
conditions.The planting site is of a North easterly aspect with a slight
incline. The soil is a sandy clay loam 60-100cm deep of dolorite origin, ph
6.0, and shows no sign of degradation beyond removal of endemic flora.The
site recieves approx 700mm rain per year mainly in the winter/spring
period and about 10 frosts (variable) per year.

Cheers,
     Keith