obtaining Agro lines

CAUER at canr1.cag.uconn.edu CAUER at canr1.cag.uconn.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:52:15 EST 1993

Help!

I am considering an experiment transforming a woody shrub species
with Agrobacterium.  In particular, I would like to insert the ipt
gene using coculture with leaf explants.  The leaf explants can be
regenerated into plants.

Not having done this sort of thing before, I am wondering how to
obtain an engineered Agro line.  Are these things for sale?  Or, do I
have to find someone kind enough to provide me with an appropriate
line?

If you could help me out or have experience in transforming woody
plants, please respond to my e-mail address.

Carol Auer
Dept. of Plant Science
Univ. of Connecticut
cauer at canr1.cag.uconn.edu