LOOKING FOR POSTDOC

dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Mon Apr 11 16:42:12 EST 1994

LOOKING FOR A POSTDOC POSITION.

HELLO:

May I take this opportunity to introduce myself as S.Denduluri of Dept. of
Biology, Memorial University, St.John's, Canada. As I am finishing my
second Ph.D very soon (thesis submitted and awaiting defense), I am looking
for a postdoctoral position.

 My academic background and seven years of experience include a M.Sc in
 "Cytogenetics " a M.Phil in Microbiology and a Ph.D in "Plant Physiology &
Biochemistry". The research work for the M.Phil was on "Toxicity of lead and
its interaction
with chelating agents in soil-plant systems" and for first doctorate degree
was on "Effects of lead, manganese and chelating agents on some vegetable
crops". During that period I was involved in estimating various biochemical
and physiological  parameters of plants exposed to metal stress. I also
measured the accumulation of metal ions in various plant parts in the presence
and absence of chelating agents. The aim was to de-toxicify the effect of
metals by appling chelating agents.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D very very soon (thesis submitted)
at Memorial University, St.John's, Canada in "Cell Biology" on "Differentiation
 of nitrogen
-fixing nodules of Sesbania (legume weed plant) with reference to oleosomes
(lipid bodies).  Areas like Biochemistry (enzyme assay), isolation of cell
organelles, Histochemistry etc. are involved in this work. I was also
exposed to handle HPLC and Gas Chromatography. The main emphasis was placed
on the isolation of fats and analyses with respect to the nodule growth.
Enzymes such as Catalase, Lipase, malate synthase, etc. were estimated
qualitatively and quatitatively besides estimating proteins (See publication
list of nitrogen-fixation). I also have experience in handling a variety of
computers and using various statistical packages.

e-mail    dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca

Address for correspondence:
Dr. S.Denduluri
Department of Biology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St.John's, NF, A1B 3X9
Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Dr. Srinivas Denduluri

			PUBLICATION LIST

PAPERS RELATED TO METAL TOXICITY:

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1994) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3)438-443.

Srinivas, D (1994) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

PAPERS RELATED TO NITROGEN FIXATION:

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Plant Cell and Environment.

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci.)

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST:

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30