Tree that helped to solve a murder

naidu shawna lynn snaidu at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 19 10:27:58 EST 1994

kbilton at cap.gwu.edu (Kathy Bilton) writes:

>I remember reading an article that appeared in the last year or two about
>a tree (possibly the Palo Verde) from which evidence was used to help in
>solving a murder case somewhere in the Southwest.  I have been trying to
>track down this article today - but without success.  Can anyone provide a
>reference for this??

>   Kathy Bilton  PO Box 886, Shepherdstown, WV  25443  kbilton at cap.gwu.edu

I could swear I saw something about this on a PBS show a few months back.
The show was abut DNA fingerprinting in general I think.  I recall that
they used the DNA fingerprinting to determine that the criminal was indeed
at the scene of the crime by matching some leaves in the back of his truck to
the tree that was near the murder site.  Maybe your local PBS station would
recall the name of that show.