Plant Labels

Ekramoddoullah, Abul Kalam M. aekramoddoul at PFC.Forestry.CA
Tue Apr 19 18:10:07 EST 1994

In article <2ohtpo$9ce at news.u.washington.edu>, selemon at u.washington.edu (Barbara Selemon) writes:
>I'm working in an arboretum nursery at the University of Washington and
>have been using an old aluminum label press to make permanent plant
>labels.  This machine is very old and is now more or less broken.  I want
>to recommend a new machine to be purchased but don't really know what is
>available.
>
>This is what I need.  The labels need to be long lasting.  Also, we have
>a serious problem with crows which will tear off any plastic tags or tape
>attached to the plant or to a container.  Normally I only need room to
>put a number on these tags but the number must be legible after 25+ years
>which eliminates most ink based systems.  A computer based, non-manual
>operting system would be nice.
>
>I would be interested in any information about label systems that would
>meet my needs.
>
>Thanks ahead of time for your help
>
>Barbara

Try Dr. Rich Hunt at Rhunt at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA . He has an excellent machine for
making permanent label. I hope this will help. Abul

  EKRAMODDOULLAH, ABUL KALAM M.     Title: Research Scientist
  Forestry Canada                   Phone: (604) 363-0600
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: AEKRAMODDOUL at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA