Spider Sex

Hugh Graham hugh at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Wed Apr 20 13:53:10 EST 1994

Apparently  the spider plants in our office have been doing
naughty things at night time when our backs were turned.

It seems that the small white flowers that typically precede
the formation of baby spider plants have cross pollinated and
small green seed pods are forming.  This implies a second form
of spider plant propagation by sexual means.

Does anyone know if:
a) They really could be seed pods?
b) They can be propagated, and if so how?

Any information much appreciated.  The nurseries round here
haven't been much help.

Hugh
hugh at lamar.colostate.edu    ^^^^      |Cost(execution) > 3*Cost(Life.w/o.parole)
Can you guess whose opinion that was? |            J.Mass.Bar Assoc., April 1992