Info Request: Botanicals

Humanitarian/Misanthrope ez044246 at judy.ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 20 21:53:53 EST 1994

Hi, I'm working on a project about the use of botanicals in
commercial products such as shampoo, moisterizer lotion,
astringent, etc, which has become a major selling point for
these products.

I'm trying to find out more about where and when the use of
botanicals for cosmetic and medicinal purposes arose, what
the actual properties of these substances are, and especially
whether the claims by cosmetic manufacturers have solid bases
in research that they or someone else conducted.

I need to know how to acquire this information, as I have
little experience with this kind of work.

Would representatives of the companies be willing to talk to me?

Is there ongoing research in this area?

Please help!

Thoi Thi Pham
University of California at Davis