TEN THINGS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PLANTS

maholland at SAE.SSU.UMD.EDU maholland at SAE.SSU.UMD.EDU
Sat Apr 23 09:24:19 EST 1994

I'M PLANNING A COURSE ENTITLED "TEN THINGS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PLANTS".  THE
PHILOSOPHY BEHIND THE COURSE IS THAT PLANT BIOLOGY SHOULD BE PRESENTED IN A WAY THAT EMPHASIZES THAT THERE IS STILL A LOT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT PLANTS.  THE
COURSE WILL FOCUS ON TEN BIG THINGS (QUESTIONS) THAT REMAIN UNKNOWN AND GO ABOUTPRESENTING THE BACKGROUND INFORMATION NECESSARY FOR STUDENTS TO REALLY
UNDERSTAND WHERE "KNOWN" STOPS AND "UNKNOWN" BEGINS IN PLANT SCIENCE.  THE
COURSE WILL BE TARGETED AT UNDERGRADUATES, BUT COULD WORK  EFFECTIVELY AT ANY
LEVEL.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!   I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT "UNKNOWNS" WOULD BE INCLUDED
ON YOUR PERSONAL LIST OF "TEN THINGS I DON'T KNOW".  I WILL SHARE THE FINISHED
LIST WITH ANY OR ALL INTERESTED (I'LL EVEN POST A SYLLABUS IF YOU LIKE).  THIS
REQUEST IS BEING MADE TO OTHER PLANT-ORIENTED NEWSGROUPS AS WELL AS THIS ONE,
SO I HOPE TO GET A GOOD SAMPLING OF OPINION.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  REPLY
VIA THIS FORUM OR DIRECTLY TO ME AT "MAHOLLAND at SAE.SSU.UMD.EDU"

MARK A. HOLLAND
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY
SALISBURY STATE UNIVERSITY
SALISBURY, MD 21801 USA